Go Serve Saturday (or any day)- At Home!
Saturday Go Serve typically occurs the first Saturday of each month and is an amazing opportunity to bless others and be blessed by going out into our community to show the love of Christ in real and tangible ways. Current events have changed the way we are able to serve but, that doesn’t mean we can’t continue to be the hands and feet of Christ in our community.
Here are some easy ways your family can continue to be involved and make serving others a part of your regular rhythm at home!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Choose from the list of project ideas below or come up with one your own!
- Share photos with us on social media by posting pics of your project(s) and tagging Platte Woods UMC. We can’t wait to see how you choose to serve!
- You can drop off your finished projects such as face masks, mask ties, cards, etc,. in the lower south parking lot (near the Student Center) at the church on Tuesday, June 9 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- If you have questions, please contact Brandi Molina.
- Food Drive for Iglesia de Camino
June 6 from 9 a.m. to 12 noon in the church parking lot
Please consider picking up one or more items from the list during your own grocery shopping and bringing your donations to the church on June 6.
• Granola bars
• Fruit cups including apple sauces (to-go cups)
• Ramen noodles
• Ready-to-eat soups, preferably with pop-top lids
• Canned pasta (ravioli, Spaghetti-O’s, etc.)
• Canned tuna or canned chicken, preferably with pop-top lids
• Peanut butter cracker packs or similar
- “Love, your neighbor” door hangers: Want an easy way to let your neighbors know you can help out during this time? Print one of our Love,Your Neighbor door hangers on cardstock, fill it out with your info, and hang on your neighbor’s doorknob so they know you are always just a call or text away. If you don’t have the ability to print at home, email [email protected] and we will mail them to you!
- Make face masks to donate to local organizations in need of PPE. Here are a few patterns that can be used:
- If you don’t know how to sew but still want to help, we have fabric kits that can be used to simply cut material to be passed on to our mask making teams. Kits can be picked up on Saturday, June 6 between 9 a.m. and 12 noon. Or, you can watch our short video on how to make mask ties out of cotton t-shirts.
- Make a short video with your cell phone about why you serve or share a special serve moment. These can be as creative or as simple as you want. Send your completed video to [email protected].
These are just a few ideas to get you started. If you know other ways PWUMC can reach our community during this time, please e-mail Brandi Molina.