At this time, group activities, including those listed below, are on hiatus. You can learn more about the kinds of activities we normally offer below, and for more information about resumption of activities, please contact Anne Bartholow, director of Senior Adult Ministries.
- Bimonthly Fellowship Luncheons & Games: Get together for a delicious lunch and games twice a month in an informal setting. These luncheons usually take place on Thursdays at noon.
- Brunch Out Bunch: Join other senior ladies for this monthly visit to an area restaurant. Usually meets on the third Sunday of the month after the 10:45 a.m. service.
- Retirees’ Luncheon: Each month, the Retirees meet on the third Tuesday of the month. This group might have a potluck lunch followed by a fun activity, or a guest speaker, or another fun activity.
- Bingo: If you love a good game of Bingo, you’ll want to check out the Bingo group on Wednesday afternoons.
- Mah Jongg: This ancient Chinese puzzle game will challenge your mind while you play the game with interesting people each Tuesday afternoon.
- Bridge: Meeting on Monday nights, this group is for experienced bridge players looking for a friendly game.
- Pickle Ball: Pickle Ball is a paddle sport that combines elements of badminton, tennis, and table tennis. Four players (doubles) use solid paddles to hit a ball much like a whiffle ball over the net. Pickle ball groups meet multiple times each week in our gym. Whether you’re familiar with this racquet sport or want to learn, there’s a group available that will meet your needs. A session especially for beginners meets on Tuesdays at 3:15.
- Over 50s Aerobics: Keep it moving with aerobics designed for seniors. This group focuses on a complete workout each Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9 a.m. in room 209.
- Organ Class: Whether you’re a veteran of the organ or have never touched a key, you’ll enjoy our keyboard classes on Thursdays at 1:00 throughout the year.
- SAM Singers will resume rehearsals in the fall in the Music Suite.
- The SAM group has a number of ongoing service opportunities, including work at The Farmer’s House, the Pillowcase Ministry and the Angel Ministry, as well as special projects throughout the year.
- Senior adults are always welcome to join any of our mission teams. To learn more about these ongoing opportunities, visit our Missions page.