We have an exciting new six-week Bible study on Wednesday nights! “How the Bible Really Works” will show how the Bible leads you to wisdom rather than answers, and why that’s actually great news! Join Pastor Choongho as he dives into how to read and understand the Bible based on contemporary biblical scholarship. This Zoom study is appropriate for anyone regardless of their level of previous study, so we hope you’ll take part! No workbook is required, but if you’d like additional reading, the following books are recommended: Peter Enn’s How the Bible Actually Works (2019), Kristin Swenson’s Bible Babel (2010), and Harvey Cox’s How to Read the Bible (2015). Zoom information provided at registration.
The topics of each session include:
- “What Is the Bible?” (May 12)
- “Whose Bible Is It?” (May 19)
- “Quotes and Misquotes” (May 26)
- “Wisdom or Answers” (June 2)
- “The Challenge of Wisdom” (June 9)
- “The Great News” (June 16)