The Senior Adult Ministry (SAM) at PWUMC offers activities and programs designed with those ages 60 and over in mind. This growing population is looking for meaningful fun and fellowship as they enter retirement age and beyond, and they can find it at Platte Woods UMC!
Check out the SAM Newsletter for all the most current news about upcoming activities
Brunch Out Brunch Christmas Light Trip
Join us on December 17 at 4:00 pm for our annual dinner out and seeing Christmas lights adventure! We will travel to a restaurant, have dinner, and then ride around town to see all the Christmas Lights. Please call Anne Bartholow (741-2972, ext 202) to let her know you plan to join in on this fun time.
- Bimonthly Fellowship Luncheons & Games: Get together for a delicious lunch and games twice a month in an informal setting. These luncheons usually take place on Thursdays at noon.
- Brunch Out Bunch: Join other senior ladies for this monthly visit to an area restaurant. Usually meets on the third Sunday of the month after the 10:45 a.m. service.
- Retirees’ Luncheon: Each month, the Retirees meet on the third Tuesday of the month. This group might have a potluck lunch followed by a fun activity, or a guest speaker, or another fun activity.
- Bingo: If you love a good game of Bingo, you’ll want to check out the Bingo group on Wednesday afternoons.
- Mah Jongg: This ancient Chinese puzzle game will challenge your mind while you play the game with interesting people each Tuesday afternoon.
- Bridge: Meeting on Monday nights, this group is for experienced bridge players looking for a friendly game.
- Pickle Ball: Pickle ball groups meet multiple times each week in our gym. Whether you’re familiar with this racquet sport or want to learn, there’s a group available that will meet your needs. A session especially for beginners meets on Tuesdays at 3:15.
- Over 50s Aerobics: Keep it moving with aerobics designed for seniors. This group focuses on a complete workout each Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9 a.m. in room 210.
- SAM Golf: SAM Golf meets on Thursdays at Shiloh Springs Golf Course in Platte City. The cost is $15 and includes a cart for 9 holes. Contact Anne Bartholow to reserve your spot and learn more.
- Organ Class: Whether you’re a veteran of the organ or have never touched a key, you’ll enjoy our keyboard classes on Thursdays at 11:15 throughout the year.
- The SAM group has a number of ongoing service opportunities, including work at The Farmer’s House, the Pillowcase Ministry and the Angel Ministry, as well as special projects throughout the year.
- Senior adults are always welcome to join any of our mission teams. To learn more about these ongoing opportunities, visit our Missions page.
Leading People to Follow Jesus.
WEEKLY WORSHIP Saturdays at 5 pm Sundays at 8, 9:15 and 10:45 am
7310 NW Prairie View Road Platte Woods, MO 64151 816.741.2972 email@example.com © 2017 All Rights Reserved.