Join us for Shipwrecked — VBS 2018! At Shipwrecked VBS we will learn that Jesus carries us through life’s storms. We will learn exciting songs, hear God’s word through our Bible Adventure, play games, make crafts and have snacks that remind us of our Bible story! Participants should be 4 before August 1, 2018. (Children who are 2 or 3 will be able to participate in the preschool rotation when a family member volunteers! Professional childcare is also available for children of on-site volunteers.)
- Morning VBS: July 9 -13, 9 a.m.-12 noon or
- Evening VBS: July 9 – 13, 6 p.m.-8:15 p.m.
- Registration received before June 25 is free and includes a complimentary copy of the “Shipwrecked” music CD per family and special early check-in option will be available.
- Registration from June 25-July 1 there will be a $25 per child fee and includes a copy of the “Shipwrecked” music CD per family. Friend requests may not be able to be honored and early check-in-option will not be available.
- Registration on July 2 or after will have a $40 per child fee and includes a copy of the “Shipwrecked” music CD per family. Unfortunately friend requests are not able to be honored and early check-in-option will not be available.
- Please note that registrations on or after June 25 will not be processed without payment. Registration fees will be waived if a relative volunteers for all daytime or evening VBS sessions.
- Paper copies of the Registration Info and Form are available: please complete and submit to the church office.
It takes scores of volunteers to make VBS happen each year. If you’d like to help bring VBS to the hundreds of kids who will come through the doors each day, please let us know. You can register online. Children who are 2 or 3 will be able to participate in the preschool rotation when a family member volunteers! Professional childcare is also available for children of on-site volunteers. Register for childcare online.
Save the date for our important volunteer meeting on Sunday, July 8 at 2:00p.m in the Worship Center.
If you would prefer, you can print a paper copy of the Servant Childcare Form and submit it to the church.
Limited afternoon PDO spots during the week of VBS (noon-3:00p.m.) are available on a first come, first serve basis.
For more information about Shipwrecked VBS 2018, please contact Pastor Jessica Richard, director of Children’s Ministries.
During the school year, PWUMC offers Couples’ Nights Out once a month (usually on the first Friday) to give couples an opportunity for an evening to themselves.
Each CNO starts with a short program (usually 30 minutes or less) followed by a date night where they discuss what they’ve learned.
We are excited to announce our Couples Nights Out program for the 2018/2019 season. Our study is based on the book “Sheet Music: Uncovering the Secrets of Sexual Intimacy in Marriage” by Dr. Kevin Leman. Dr. Leman offers frank information from a Christian perspective along with practical suggestions to improve intimacy. For more information and to order a copy for yourselves look up “Sheet Music” by Dr. Kevin Leman.
Cost is $10 per couple each month when registered 10 days before the event. (Reservations after that will be charged a $20 late fee). This covers the adult program AND childcare. Childcare check-in is available starting at 6:15 p.m., with pickup by 9 p.m.
Click below to register for the dates you will attend.
2018-19 School Year
Registration Questions: Please contact Jenny Hundt.
Programming Questions: Please contact Vicki Krehbiel, director of Family Ministries.