The Senior Adult Ministry (SAM) at PWUMC offers activities and programs designed with those ages 60 and over in mind. This growing population is looking for meaningful fun and fellowship as they enter retirement age and beyond, and they can find it at Platte Woods UMC!
Check out the SAM Newsletter for all the most current news about upcoming activities
- Ladies’ Bible Study: This group will next meet to study “Believing Jesus,” an out-of-the-box Bible study by Lisa Harper. She retraces the revolutionary steps of the early Christians in the book of Acts. The study meets on Mondays starting September 18, 10 a.m. in room 253. Join Sharon Briner, facilitator, for this thoughtful study. Please contact Anne Bartholow to reserve your book ($10).
- Bimonthly Fellowship Luncheons & Games: Get together for a delicious lunch and games twice a month in an informal setting. These luncheons usually take place on Thursdays at noon.
- Brunch Out Bunch: Join other senior ladies for this monthly visit to an area restaurant. Usually meets on the third Sunday of the month after the 10:45 a.m. service.
- Retirees’ Luncheon: Each month, the Retirees meet on the third Tuesday of the month. This group might have a potluck lunch followed by a fun activity, or a guest speaker, or another fun activity.
- Bingo: If you love a good game of Bingo, you’ll want to check out the Bingo group on Wednesday afternoons.
- Mah Jongg: This ancient Chinese puzzle game will challenge your mind while you play the game with interesting people each Tuesday afternoon.
- Bridge: Meeting on Monday nights, this group is for experienced bridge players looking for a friendly game.
- Pickle Ball: Pickle ball groups meet multiple times each week in our gym. Whether you’re familiar with this racquet sport or want to learn, there’s a group available that will meet your needs. A session especially for beginners meets on Tuesdays at 3:15.
- Over 50s Aerobics: Keep it moving with aerobics designed for seniors. This group focuses on a complete workout each Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9 a.m. in room 210.
- SAM Golf: SAM Golf meets on Thursdays at Shiloh Springs Golf Course in Platte City. The cost is $15 and includes a cart for 9 holes. Contact Anne Bartholow to reserve your spot and learn more.
- Organ Class: Whether you’re a veteran of the organ or have never touched a key, you’ll enjoy our keyboard classes on Thursdays at 11:15 throughout the year.
- SAM Singers: The Senior Adult Ministry Singers perform for various worship services and at retirement communities in the Northland. Rehearsals are Tuesday afternoons at 2 p.m. beginning October 3, 2017. All are welcome to join this fun group. Please contact Ray Hurt (816-471-2531) with any questions.
- The SAM group has a number of ongoing service opportunities, including work at The Farmer’s House, the Pillowcase Ministry and the Angel Ministry, as well as special projects throughout the year.
- Senior adults are always welcome to join any of our mission teams. To learn more about these ongoing opportunities, visit our Missions page.
Leading People to Follow Jesus.
WEEKLY WORSHIP Saturdays at 5 pm Sundays at 8, 9:15 and 10:45 am
7310 NW Prairie View Road Platte Woods, MO 64151 816.741.2972 firstname.lastname@example.org © 2017 All Rights Reserved.